Meet Samuel J. Kaufman
Samuel J. Kaufman
Trial and Litigation Attorney
Just as every household needs a primary care physician, we want to be your family attorney.
Samuel J. Kaufman served as an Assistant Public Defender for three years prior to opening his practice. Over the last 15 years Sam has represented hundreds of clients in areas of Criminal Defense, Family Law & Mediation, Estate Planning, Probate Administration, Wills and Trusts, Personal Injury, Civil Litigation as well as other legal matters. He cares deeply about the Key West community, serving on boards with specific missions to both help people and better the community. He is a family man, raising two children with his wife, Julia and their rescue dog Lucy. He is personally involved in every case which assures you, our client of the best possible outcome and result.
University of California, Los Angeles; B.A. History, 1995
University of Miami Law School, Juris Doctorate, 1998, Magna Cum Laude
- Licensed to practice in Florida, admitted 1998
- Licensed to practice in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Licensed to practice in the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh circuit
Professional Associations & Memberships
- A Supreme Court of Florida Certified Family Law Mediator. Available to mediate divorce, paternity and adoption cases.
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Treasurer, 2006 Monroe County Chapter
- Monroe County Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Lawyers Guild
Special Interests & Community Involvement
- Florida Keys Outreach Coalition for the Homeless — www.fkoc.org
Chairman of the Board of Directors 2002 to the present
- Board Member – Key West Art & Historical Society
- Key West Sunset Rotary Club – Founding member & President
- Friends of Higgs Beach, Key West, Fl — Committee Chairperson
- Montessori Children’s School, Key West — Planning & Development Board Past Member
- AYSO Soccer Coach
- Last Stand Member
- Take Stock in Kids Mentor
- Graduate of the Key West Ambassador Academy Program
- Current City Commissioner of Key West, District II
- Edward Capt’n Kidd Humanitarian 2016 Award Recipient
complimentary case consultation
3130 Northside Drive
Key West, FL 33040
(305) 292-3926 | (800) 281-3926
Se Habla Español | We Speak Russian
Payment Plans & Credit Cards Accepted
The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice.
You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.